Who We Are
Northside was established as a Methodist congregation in November of 1950. Beginning with 23 members and 20 children, we didn’t have our own building at first and met at Northside High School on Sunday mornings. As the seeds of Northside Church were watered and God caused us to grow, we were able to establish our physical presence, along with our spiritual development.
One of the original Northside buildings, now the Chapel, was built in 1952. The Sanctuary was built in 1957, as our congregation continued to grow in both numbers and grace. Blessed with many talents within a growing membership and superb staff, we have made tremendous progress since identifying programs and opportunities to meet the spiritual needs of Northside, Atlanta, and beyond.
We have grown in everything from our facilities, to our education and music programs, our athletic programs and our mission activities—at home and abroad. With a membership of 5,000 in 2018, Northside continues to remind our surrounding community that there is a place for everyone here, and we are committed to showing the love of God and preparing disciples of Jesus Christ to send out into the world.